Location: The Netherlands / India
Start date: At the earliest
Contract hours: Full Time
Who are we and what we do – We are a market leader in providing portable onboard Wi-Fi Platforms, Onboard Passenger Entertainment & Mobile Crew Sales Solutions to different passenger travel segments, like airlines, rail and bus transportation. AirFi, started in 2012 in Amsterdam is currently the world’s fastest growing company in mobile InFlight Entertainment space and providing ancillary sales solutions to passenger crew segment (mPOS). Yet, we work with the zeal of a startup and bring disruptive innovations in a cost-effective manner to the airline cabin and other modes of passenger transports (buses, trains, airports). We make thousands of passengers and crew happy everyday all over the globe!
What is AirFi Team Like – We are a bunch of fun loving, dedicated and stealthy Aviation Geeks! We are a mix of different backgrounds and work with international counterparts everyday. Be it the amazing technology that we work with, the challenges we live up to or the great products that we create, we never forget to have fun at work. We are a proud team and only aim to improve and innovate our products each day.
What you can expect – We promise to provide opportunities that not only satisfy your creative juices but also lets you make significant impact on the products that we create and ultimately the business we are in. We provide a great platform to take up multiple roles based on individual interest or skills and collaborate with different global teams. We boast of a professional, fun work environment with a flat hierarchy and super supportive people to work with. We also encourage a work culture where – no idea is a bad idea – and the team can shout it out to be heard!
What will you be doing – You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
Your key responsibilities –
- Be a part of an agile team to develop, define and design world class architecture for Airline industry and other passenger mode Mobile Apps. Prototype, evaluate and recommend the most suitable architecture.
- Being responsible for Scaling, Performance & cost optimisation for the team. Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption.
- Review all critical functionality & test code. Help Teams in removing bottlenecks. Overseas development and design of core components, frameworks
- Develop innovative new features in collaboration with our team of designers, product owners, and Android/iOS product experts
- Optimise the core functionality of the app
Who we look for :
- 3+ years of professional iOS development experience
- Experience with iOS 8+ SDK
- Robust knowledge of Swift
- Knowledge of Objective C (optional)
- Experience in consuming REST based web APIs and parsing JSON data
- Familiarity in working with Core Animation and Core Data
- Strong knowledge in iOS memory management concepts like ARC
- Strong knowledge of GCD (Grand Central Dispatch).
- Familiarity with iOS app publishing and distribution models
- Familiarity in writing unit tests using XCTest
- Strong knowledge of debugging and instrumentation tests
- Familiarity with CocoaPods
- Familiarity with using XIBs/Nibs
- Familiarity in developing loosely coupled frameworks/libraries to be shared across multiple apps
- Working knowledge of commonly used iOS design patterns
- 3 – 6 years of relevant experience in iOS Application development.
- Shown success as an individual contributor as well as team player.
- Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver on major releases
- Exercised exemplary development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, and code reviews.Willingness to “go the extra mile” when needed
- Exposure to Payments or NoSQL DB is a plus
You get bonus points for :
- You care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code. You have a passion to suck every bit of performance of the code and have hacker mentality
- Affinity with airlines, the most exciting industry in the world (travel may be required at some point) and have affinity for metrics and analytics.
- Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration