Location: The Netherlands / India
Start date: At the earliest
Contract hours: Full Time
What is AirFi Team Like – We are a bunch of fun loving, dedicated Aviation Geeks! We are a mix of different backgrounds and work with international counterparts everyday. Be it the amazing technology that we work with, the challenges we live up to or the great products that we create, we never forget to have fun at work. We are a proud team and only aim to improve and innovate our products each day.
What you can expect – We promise to provide opportunities that not only satisfy your creative juices but also lets you make significant impact on the products that we create and ultimately the business we are in. We provide a great platform to take up multiple roles based on individual interest or skills and collaborate with different global teams. We boast of a professional, fun work environment with a flat hierarchy and super supportive people to work with. We also encourage a work culture where – no idea is a bad idea – and the team can shout it out to be heard!
What you will be doing – Be a part of a market leader agile team to develop, define and design world class niche- product for airline and other passenger industry Mobile Entertainment experience. Prototype, evaluate, recommend the most suitable architecture and configuration for a battery powered AP / Mediaserver device. Also create/maintain board support package (BSP) including bootloader, kernel and Linux based distribution.
- Linux kernel and device drivers development, bootloaders
Strong Knowledge of Buildroot and other Linux distribution build systems
- Linux shell scripting and programming in C/C++
Understanding of a hardware architectures (ARM, x86)
- Systematic problem solving and excellent debugging skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies and SCM (especially Git)
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment
You get bonus points for :
- Should have worked on technologies related to WLAN/Wireless/AP modules, (e.g. hostapd, wpa_supplicant)
- Experience with multithreaded and multicore systems and developing applications for them
- Strong experience on system performance, power measurements and optimisation
- Experience working with the open source community
- Ability to work with team and on your own
- Good knowledge of Git-Flow and branching/release strategy
- Continuous integration (CI) and bug-tracking tools and systems like Jira, Github, Gitlab