Location: The Netherlands / India
Start date: At the earliest
Contract hours: Full Time
What is AirFi Team Like – We are a bunch of fun loving, dedicated and stealthy Aviation Geeks! We are a mix of different backgrounds and work with international counterparts everyday. Be it the amazing technology that we work with, the challenges we live up to or the great products that we create, we never forget to have fun at work. We are a proud team and only aim to improve and innovate our products each day.
What you can expect – We promise to provide opportunities that not only satisfy your creative juices but also lets you make significant impact on the products that we create and ultimately the business we are in. We provide a great platform to take up multiple roles based on individual interest or skills and collaborate with different global teams. We boast of a professional, fun work environment with a flat hierarchy and super supportive people to work with. We also encourage a work culture where – no idea is a bad idea – and the team can shout it out to be heard!
What will you be doing – Work with highly-skilled members who are passionate and driven about their profession, including developers, architects, testers and product owners. You will be a valued member of the team and will participate throughout the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging stages in agile development environment. You will work within a team to understand problems with software and develop specifications to resolve them. You will be working at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities. You will also be required to produce well-written, well-documented, high-quality, fast code.
Your key responsibilities :
- You will be a part of of Java, Groovy/Grails, NodeJS developers, focused on delivering high quality enterprise solutions, ensuring delivery of high end experiences to our customers
- You will help AirFi to quickly iterate and scale development to different segments of customers with standard processes, automation, monitoring and rapid quality assurance
- Continuously monitor production environment and also look for continuous improvements and optimisations, open to accept new opportunities and challenges
- Be the domain expert, lead by example and setting a high development standard
Who we look for :
- Proficiency in Core Java/ Grails with an experience of 2+ years
- Proficiency in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Design and development of (secure) REST APIs
- Experience in Spring, Spring Boot (our main stack) and Hibernate is a plus
- Exposure to NodeJS
- Hands-on experience with Apache Camel is an added advantage
- NoSQL (CouchDB, Cloudant, MongoDB) experience
- Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration
You get bonus points for :
- You care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code, because we do too
- Experience with Heroku, IBM Bluemix and/or AWS
- Experience with working with on-/offshore team