Start date: At the earliest
Contract hours: Full Time
Who are we and what we do
We are a market leader in providing portable onboard Wi-Fi Platforms, Onboard Passenger Entertainment & Mobile Crew Sales Solutions to different passenger travel segments, like airlines, rail and bus transportation. AirFi, started in 2012 in Amsterdam is currently the world’s fastest growing company in mobile InFlight Entertainment space and providing ancillary sales solutions to passenger crew segment (mPOS). Yet, we work with the zeal of a startup and bring disruptive innovations in a cost-effective manner to the airline cabin and other modes of passenger transports (buses, trains, airports). We make thousands of passengers and crew happy everyday all over the globe!
What is AirFi Team Like
We are a bunch of fun loving, dedicated and stealthy Aviation Geeks! We are a mix of different backgrounds and work with international counterparts everyday. Be it the amazing technology that we work with, the challenges we live up to or the great products that we create, we never forget to have fun at work. We are a proud team and only aim to improve and innovate our products each day.
What you can expect
We promise to provide opportunities that not only satisfy your creative juices but also lets you make significant impact on the products that we create and ultimately the business we are in. We provide a great platform to take up multiple roles based on individual interest or skills and collaborate with different global teams. We boast of a professional, fun work environment with a flat hierarchy and super supportive people to work with. We also encourage a work culture where – no idea is a bad idea – and the team can shout it out to be heard!
What would be your key responsibilities
- You will be focused on developing and delivering high quality enterprise solutions, ensuring delivery of high end experiences to our customers.
- You will help AirFi to quickly iterate and scale mobile app development to different segments of customers with standard processes, automation, monitoring and rapid quality assurance.
- Continuously monitor the mobile app space for continuous improvements and optimizations, looking for new opportunities and challenges.
- Be the domain expert, lead by example and setting a high development standard
What we expect from you
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Android Application development.
- Good understanding of Object oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of Java, Android Lifecycle, Android SDK, Gradle Knowledge, Unit Testing
- Experience on using RESTful services using Retrofit, MVP Architectural style programming
- Good understanding of Thread Life Cycle, JVM Internals, Performance
- Should have lead a team and must have seen the full development life cycle of one or more applications, preferably enterprise apps.
- Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver on major releases.
- Exercised exemplary development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, and code reviews. Willingness to “go the extra mile” when needed.
Bonus points for
- You care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code. You have a passion to suck every bit of performance of the code and have hacker mentality
- Exposure to NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB), node.js and domains like offline Payments, Retail POS, RxJava is a plus
- Affinity with airlines, the most exciting industry in the world (travel may be required at some point) and have affinity for metrics and analytics.
- Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration
- Affinity with onboard catering processes and/or proven understanding of catering processes