In order to strengthen our mobile development team to work on our flagship Connected Crew product, we are currently looking for a Senior Android Engineer with the ambition or proven abilities to fearlessly manage teams of onshore and offshore Android developers.
Connected Crew is an app to facilitate onboard offline onboard sales, crew productivity and passenger insight. We are looking for someone with a strong background in developing native apps on Android. Our customers include Transavia, Corendon (Nederland and Turkey), Air Europa, Evelop, Orbest. While these customers require adequate support and maintenance, we have a very strong pipeline of new prospects and we are relentlessly looking for ways to improve our codebase and the usability for our customers.
Skills that we’re looking for:
- Proven expertise with Android SDK and tools (4 years +)
- Deep understanding of the Android ecosystem, libraries and tooling
- Experience with architecting, building and operating very large scale systems with many thousands concurrent users
- Technical leadership (to coach junior developers), willingness to grow as a senior member of the team
- Document-oriented NoSQL (mobile) databases
- Offline-first design and principles
- Fluency in written and oral English, Dutch is a plus by certainly not required.
Bonus points for:
- You care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code, because we do too
- You’ve read “Clean Code” by Uncle Bob and you strive to live by those rules
- Mobile payments expertise
- A good eye for modern mobile design (e.g. Google Material design) and relentless attention to detail. We care deeply about mobile usability for our key customers,
the airline’s crew
- Affinity with airlines, arguably, the most exciting industry in the world (travel may be required at some point)
- Affinity with other platforms iOS, Windows
- Obsession with metrics and analytics
- Experience with working with offshore team (also willingness to travel and be on plane every now and then)
- Experience with Heroku and/or AWS
- Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration
Application: Send us your Github account and LinkedIn profile link in an email with a short description about you: techjobs AT airfi.aero. If you have some Google Play Store apps that you have been working on, please send us the link too.
Preferred location: our office is close to Schiphol (Hoofddorp). Occasional travel to our other main office in Bengaluru (India) may be requested.
More info regarding the product at www.connected-crew.com