In order to strengthen our mobile development team to work on our flagship AirFi and Connected Crew product, we are currently looking for a Grails Engineer with the ambition or proven abilities to fearlessly lead a team of Developers.
AirFi is a very innovative portable wireless IFE platform, which currently is flying daily on more than 100 aircraft. Passengers use their own device to shop, chat, play, watch, read and interact!
Connected Crew is an app to facilitate onboard offline onboard sales, crew productivity and passenger insight.
Skills that we’re looking for:
- Full stack programming experience using the Node.JS ecosystem are a must
- Technical leadership (to coach junior developers)
- Experience on building RESTful services and MVC patterns
- Angular JS
- Document-oriented NoSQL databases
- Responsive web-frameworks (e.g. Foundation)
- Offline-first mobile web apps (Hoodie, Meteor, Socket.io)
- Some parts of the role with be “DevOps” and Operations-related to support and improvement the production infrastructure
- Fluency in written and oral English
Bonus points for:
- As a developer, you care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code. You have a passion to suck every bit of performance of the code that you’re writing
- Hacker mentality
- Affinity with airlines, the most exciting industry in the world (travel may be required at some point)
- Experience with WiFi and radio signals
- Affinity for metrics and analytics
- An good eye for modern web design and relentless attention to detail
- Experience with working with offshore team
- Experience with Heroku, AWS
- Linux skills (we run on embedded Linux)
- Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration
Application: Send us your Github account and LinkedIn profile link in an email with a short description about you: techjobs AT airfi.aero
Preferred location: our office close to Schiphol (Hoofddorp). Occasional travel to our other main office in Bengaluru (India) may be requested.
More info regarding the product www.airfi.aero and twitter.com/airfibox