In order to strengthen our mobile development team to work on our flagship AirFi and Connected Crew product, we are currently looking for a Grails Engineer with the ambition or proven abilities to fearlessly lead a team of Developers.
AirFi is a very innovative portable wireless IFE platform, which currently is flying daily on more then 100 aircraft. Passengers use their own device to shop, chat, play, watch, read and interact!
Connected Crew is an app to facilitate onboard offline onboard sales, crew productivity and passenger insight.
Role overview: Grails Team Lead and Senior developer
The portal is the back office system for AirFi solutions. This portal allows you to content manage and configure every setting.
For AirFi this means management of media, content overview, boxes in the field, platform status, etc, etc.
For Connected Crew, we offer functionality to manage the complete value chain of airline catering, e.g. combine flight legs and rotations, reconcile the return count, crew manifest and cash drop for each rotation. The sales reports based on transactions on the tablets are fully searchable and downloadable. We also offer reporting features as commissions, inventory report to increase visibility for the airline and manage your onboard sales as a real retail process end-to-end.
You will be working closely with very experienced technologists gone #avgeeks.
In 2016 the AirFi management portal will grow further into one of the most state of the art content and process management tools in the airline and travel industry
– Key requirement: Grails (Groovy) experience is required (3 years)
– Spring, Hibernate experience are required (in the sense that it’s the basis for Grails, but not requirements as such)
– Proven experience as an inspiring team lead (team 2 to 5 developers)
– Deep understanding of web technologies (jQuery, CSS, Bootstrap, HTML5)
– Design and architecture of (secure) REST APIs
– CouchDB experience is a plus
– Fluency in written and oral English
– Basic Linux Sysadmin (to do deployments and simple maintenance on Amazon Web Services)
Bonus points for:
– You care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code, because we do too.
– Retail and/or airline industry experience
– You’ve read “Clean Code” by Uncle Bob and you strive to live by those rules.
– A good eye for modern web design and relentless attention to detail. We care deeply about mobile usability for our key customers, the airline’s crew.
– Affinity with airlines, arguably, the most exciting industry in the world (travel may be required at some point)
– Obsession with metrics and analytics
– Experience with working with on-/offshore team (also willingness to travel and be on plane every now and then)
– Experience with Heroku and/or AWS
– Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration
Please send a mail to techjobs AT airfi.aero