The Full Stack Developer is a key role within AirFi and will be accountable for ensuring high levels of quality and technical engagements, developing and coaching junior team members. You will be responsible for developing and supporting the AirFi web apps for different modes of passenger transport including major airlines across the world. The ideal candidate must have experience designing and building web apps, experience working with new technologies of course, a deep knowledge of the web apps market.
Your key responsibilities:
- You will help AirFi to quickly iterate and scale web app development to different segments of customers with standard processes, automation, monitoring and rapid quality assurance
- Continuously monitor the web apps space for continuous improvements and optimisations, looking for new opportunities and challenges
- Be the domain expert and set a high development standard
What we look for:
- Full stack exposure (preferably MEAN Stack) (4+ years)
- Experience on building RESTful services and MVC patterns
- Document-oriented NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB, etc)
- Responsive web-frameworks (e.g. Foundation, Bootstrap)
- Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration
You get bonus points for:
- Exposure to Video streaming, Payments, encoding
- You care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code.
- You have a passion to suck every bit of performance of the code
- Hacker mentality
- Affinity for metrics and analytics
- Experience with working with offshore team
- Linux skills (we run on embedded Linux)
Who are we and what we do:
We are a market leader in providing portable onboard Wi-Fi platforms, Onboard Passenger Entertainment & Mobile Crew Sales Solutions to different passenger travel segments. We are expanding our team in our Bangalore based Development Center (IDC). Started 5 years back in Amsterdam, we are the world’s fastest growing company in mobile InFlight Entertainment space and providing ancillary sales solutions to passenger crew segment (PoS) . Yet, we still work with the zeal of a startup and bring disruptive innovations in a cost-effective manner to the airline cabin and other modes of passenger transports (buses, trains, airports). We make thousands of passengers and crew happy everyday all over the globe!
What is AirFi Team Like:
We are a bunch of fun loving, dedicated and stealthy developers, who come from different backgrounds and work with international counterparts everyday. Be it the amazing technology that we work with, the challenges we live up to or the great products that we create, we never forget to have fun at work. We are a proud team and only aim to improve and innovate our products each day.
What you can expect :
We promise to provide opportunities that not only satisfy your code creative juices but also let you make significant impact on the products that we create and ultimately the business we are in. We provide a great platform to take up multiple roles based on individual interest or skills and collaborate with different global teams. We boast of a professional, fun work environment with a flat hierarchy and super supportive people to work with. We also encourage a work culture where – no idea is a bad idea- and the team can shout it out to be heard! Flexible work timing, work from home, open door policy, healthy breakfast, snacks & fruits is on us, regular events like jam sessions or other engagement activities on Fridays with occasional beers are also some of the things that makes AirFi an interesting place to work!