- You will be focused on developing and delivering high quality enterprise solutions, ensuring delivery of high end experiences to our customers.
- You will help AirFi to quickly iterate and scale mobile app development to different segments of customers with standard processes, automation, monitoring and rapid quality assurance.
- Continuously monitor the mobile app space for continuous improvements and optimizations, looking for new opportunities and challenges.
- Be the domain expert, lead by example and setting a high development standard
What we expect from you :
- 4 – 6 years of relevant experience in Android Application development
- Good understanding of Object oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of the Java, Android Lifecycle, Android SDK, Gradle Knowledge
- Experience on using RESTful services using RetroFits, MVP Architectural style programming
- Good understanding of Thread Life Cycle, JVM Internals, Performances
- Exposure to NoSQL databases(Mongo, Couch), Node.js and domains like Payments, Retail POS is a plus
- Shown success as an individual contributor as well as team player
- Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver on major releases
- Exercised exemplary development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, and code reviews.Willingness to “go the extra mile” when needed
Bonus points for :
- You care deeply about writing quality/testable/modular code. You have a passion to suck every bit of performance of the code and have hacker mentality
- Affinity with airlines, the most exciting industry in the world (travel may be required at some point) and have affinity for metrics and analytics.
- Experience with Git (GitHub), automatic deployments, continuous integration
Who are we and what we do :
We are a market leader in providing portable onboard Wi-Fi platforms, Onboard Passenger Entertainment & Mobile Crew Sales Solutions to different passenger travel segments. We are expanding our team in our Bangalore based Development Center (IDC). Started 5 years back in Amsterdam, we are the world’s fastest growing company in mobile InFlight Entertainment space and providing ancillary sales solutions to passenger crew segment (PoS) . Yet, we still work with the zeal of a startup and bring disruptive innovations in a cost-effective manner to the airline cabin and other modes of passenger transports (buses, trains, airports). We make thousands of passengers and crew happy everyday all over the globe!
What is AirFi Team Like :
We are a bunch of fun loving, dedicated and stealthy developers, who come from different backgrounds and work with international counterparts everyday. Be it the amazing technology that we work with, the challenges we live up to or the great products that we create, we never forget to have fun at work. We are a proud team and only aim to improve and innovate our products each day.
What you can expect :
We promise to provide opportunities that not only satisfy your code creative juices but also let you make significant impact on the products that we create and ultimately the business we are in. We provide a great platform to take up multiple roles based on individual interest or skills and collaborate with different global teams. We boast of a professional, fun work environment with a flat hierarchy and super supportive people to work with. We also encourage a work culture where – no idea is a bad idea- and the team can shout it out to be heard! Flexible work timing, work from home, open door policy, healthy breakfast, snacks & fruits is on us, regular events like jam sessions or other engagement activities on Fridays with occasional beers are also some of the things that makes AirFi an interesting place to work!
Interested or want to refer a friend?
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org